Aug 14, 2021 02:30 PM BST – Zoom Link
This 2.5 hours long interactive limited attendee webinar is focussed on how to approach short film conceptualisation with a positive accessible-forward mindset, and the pitfalls around making shorter films (and how one can avoid these issues!).
Please note: this is not a production course – we do not cover camera usage or sound mixing… this is really about what makes indie short films great indie short films!
Our main focus is as follows:
– Why Short Films? – we will examine and dissect why one should make a short film, and how to approach making one with the right mindset (contextualised within the ideas of indie budget restrictions, your ‘world’ background and Macro thinking).
– The Problem of Short Films – we will examine the pitfalls of making short films and attempt to digest how one can avoid these whilst still maintaining one’s artistic vision. We will look at how short films can be reverse engineered for better results in various competitions and release platforms.
– Short Film Case Study – we will look closely at a successful short film and examine how its construction ticks multiple festival desires. We will extract from it a list of its assets and their shared value against a success ‘checklist’.
– Where to Next? – we will cover the importance of a positive mindset when approaching filmmaking, and how one can use the skills we’ve covered to approach making their new ‘success ready’ short film.
– Q&A Session – A chance to quiz your speakers about the course content.
Additional pre and post course materials will be sent to all registered users.
Unable to attend but want to join our mailing list for more details? Contact us now at filminnteam(at)gmail.com
– Ben Rider is an independent filmmaker and the Festival Director of the five-year running The Monkey Bread Tree Film Awards.
– Javier Cáberiz is a London based actor. He attained his MAMT at Guildford in 2015, and has starred in several Feature films and TV Shows since then, including BBC’s Holby City.